Comprehensive Disk Pack Management
BL/PACK provides a complete file backup, archiving, and disaster recovery mechanism. Used in hundreds of Unisys A-Series sites, including many of Unisys' own production facilities, this system has the features needed for secure backups.
Why should you consider BL/PACK?
Tape Duplication Process
Make copies of any BL/PACK backup tape to minimize the risk when using high-density media (if the original tape is not available, BL/PACK will automatically prompt the operator for the duplicate).
Long Node-Named File Handling
Backup long-named server files along with the standard A-Series files.
Enhanced File Attribute Handling
Ensure all the critical files are copied and restored with all their new file attributes.
- Has multi-threaded pack and directory recovery
- Enables comprehensive disaster recovery planning
- Can restore full pack families or any directory by title and effective date
- Can scan all backed-up/archived files for easy identification and recovery
- Reclaims pack space by removing unused files after copying them to tape
- Substantially reduces tape usage vs. library/maintenance
- Minimizes tape usage by merging tapes to eliminate "dead" files
- Files or directories may be excluded from reclamation
- Backs up current versions of files
- Produces and tracks tapes for off-site storage
- Supports incremental and/or full-pack backups
- Allows the retention of backup versions to be specified at any directory level
- Controls system access via usercode privilege parameters