Complete Source Control and Change Management
BL/SOURCE is an easy-to-use source control and change management software solution that handles all the implementation of changes from the initiation phase through authorization and release phases. It even performs the compilations and moves the new code files, WFLs, and other production files into the production environment.
And every change is carefully annotated through all phases, not only revealing who made changes, but also who reviewed the changes and who released the changes into production. This allows complete source control so software to be easily traced and recreated through its entire life. Plus, with its security feature, access to files can be strictly controlled.
Why should you consider BL/SOURCE?
Multi-Host Processing via TCP/IP
Replace the BNA connectivity between your hosts with TCP/IP port handling.
E-Mail or SPO Alerts for Critical Processing
Make sure that someone is notified via alerts sent by e-mail, paging, or SPO when critical programs are moved into the production area.
Plus These Great Features
- Detects patch conflicts
- Satisfies audit requirements
- Allows the reconstruction of source code (including sequence numbers) as of any date and time
- Provides complete program modification history, including the author and the approver of each change
- Produces daily audit reports of all changes to production software
- Automatically maintains cross-references for code-files; i.e. DMS description file, includes, copies, source, bound procedures
- Provides either immediate or delayed movement of production software into the production environment