Your Solution for Information Lifecycle Management (ILM)
BL/LIB-Virtual TapeServer (VTS) is a comprehensive data management and backup system that combines the familiar methodology of traditional tape backups with the low cost and high data transfer rates of disk technology.
BL/LIB-VTS uses an intuitive interface that emulates traditional tape backups, so it accepts and responds to commands from your Unisys ClearPath™ just like a typical tape drive, virtually eliminating compatibility issues and reducing training times for personnel.
A Single Point of Control
With BL/LIB driving the VTS engine, your entire tape management and backup process now becomes a single, fluid operation. Plus, BL/LIB-VTS is software independent and will work with any software you use to write to tape.
- BL/LIB automates:
- the stacking of multiple virtual tapes to a single physical tape
- the copying of a single virtual tape to a single physical native tape or to a single physical tape
- o the copying of virtual tapes directly to another virtual server, such as a disaster site, eliminating the physical tape completely
- BL/LIB controls the expiration of the initial virtual tape and all spawned copies
Why Should You Consider BL/LIB-VTS?
Lower Costs. Faster Speeds. Same Outstanding Results.
With BL/LIB-VTS, you utilize every byte of storage space available. Gone are the days of putting 2GB of information on 300GB tapes. In fact, BL/LIB-VTS can cut media usage up to 90% or more over traditional tape backups.
With BL/LIB-VTS you will:
- Dramatically increase the speed of backups and recoveries
- Significantly lower your operating expenses
- Streamline and centralize your entire backup operations
- Greatly reduce data center space for hardware and media
- Easily create, import, and export physical tapes to help comply with regulatory standards
BL/LIB-VTS Optional Modules
Immediate and Accurate Disaster Recovery.
With BL/LIB-VTS' optional DR Module, disaster recovery can mean hours, not days. The DR Module initiates and transfers data from one VTS to another in order to maintain up-to-date, identical copies of the backup data at one or more facilities. In the event of a catastrophic loss, the DR Module can immediately and remotely restore its copy to a surviving host or disaster recovery system.
Best of all, you can set up the DR Module to synchronize with off-site locations multiple times a day without overwhelming resources, so you'll always have the most current backup possible.
Increase Storage Space Even More.
With BL/LIB-VTS' Data Compression Module, data is compressed "on the fly" from the Unisys ClearPath™ system to more efficiently utilize disk space. Storage capacity can be increased up to 85%, with average savings being in the 50% range.